Units may request updates to an existing supplier record through email and fax. Certain restrictions apply to the transmission of supplier information.
Due to privacy concerns about sensitive data, email can be used only if a Social Security Number (SSN) is not included in the email or any attachments. Messages or attachments that include an SSN will be deleted immediately, and you will be required to resubmit the information via fax request (see below).
Email requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Modify Supplier.
To ensure modification of the correct supplier record, the email request must contain the following information:
- M-Pathways supplier ID number
- Supplier name
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN):
- For Companies: The entire Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- For Individuals: The last four digits only of the social security number (do not include the full SSN)
- Reason for the modification (e.g., ordering goods; PeoplePay; reimbursement)
- Detailed information regarding the requested modification to the supplier profile (e.g., ordering address; payment remit address; phone number; fax number)
Secure Fax Method
This method can be used for any request type (add/modify/reactivate a supplier record) and must be used if a Social Security Number (SSN) is included with the request.
To ensure the correct supplier record is modified, the fax request must include a completed Supplier Request Form , identifying the requested modification(s). A Substitute W-9 form completed by the supplier may also be submitted for processing and is encouraged to be provided to Supplier Maintenance if available. If a W-9 is not available the Supplier Maintenance team may reach out to the supplier for an updated W-9.
Fax completed form(s) to the supplier maintenance secure fax number at (734) 615-5704.
- Supplier Request Form – a form used by units to request additions or changes to existing supplier information in the M-Pathways supplier database.