Service Overview

The Shared Services Center (SSC) reconciles exception transactions in eReconciliation for in-scope units. Examples of exception based transactions are:

  1. (1) not approved in another system
  2. (2) do not meet threshold rules
  3. (3) have been approved by an unexpected person
  4. (4) require reconciliation, i.e., PO vouchers between $1,500-$10,000 and ShortCode hosting expenses

For Gross Pay Register (GPR) reconciling, every Friday at noon, and after the bi-weekly and monthly payrolls run, the SSC SOA reconcilers will begin reconciling all exceptions for payroll transactions.

For transactions that need clarification or supporting documentation, the SSC SOA reconcilers will contact the unit by email and request the required support. The unit will have three business days to respond to the request at which point a follow up request will go to the unit.

An email will be sent to the manager of each Dept ID by the 10th business day of each month indicating that the SSC has completed its reconciliation of the prior month’s activity. This notification will contain a link to the updated Reconciliation Detail management report in M-Reports that shows how the reconciled items were resolved and lists any outstanding reconciling items. Department Managers should review this report monthly to understand how the SSC SOA reconcilers reconciled significant amounts within eReconciliation.and to offer assistance resolving any outstanding items.

Attaching supporting documentation

See the Required Supporting Documentation page of the SSC website for the different options available to attach supporting documentation

What transactions require supporting documentation

See the Required Supporting Documentation pageof the SSC website for supporting documentation requirements

How to Contact SSC

By phone:
Call the Shared Services Center at 734-615-2000, press #3 to reach the Finance Contact Center

By email:
Email the Shared Services Center at: for SOA Financial Questions for GPR Payroll Questions

Additional Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I attach supporting documentation that SSC has requested?
    You would open that ServiceLink case and attach all supporting documentation plus any comments you need to.
  2. What if I have a question on a transaction that the SSC reconciled?
    You would send an email to the email address above depending on the type of question. If you have a payroll questions, you would use the GPR email address, and if you have a question on a financial transaction, you would use the SOA email address.
  3. What if I notice that a transaction was charged to the wrong chartfield?
    You would request a transfer (JE) of that expense to the correct chartfield by using ServiceLink.
  4. What if I don’t have any documents to verify a transaction is appropriate and charged to the correct chartfield in my Unit?
    If the item/service was received by your Unit, and is on the correct chartfield, you can just attach a memo stating this is a valid transaction when no other documentation is available