How can we helpĀ you?

Former Employees

Contact Us
  • 734-615-2000
  • M-F, 8:00AM-5:00PM

Former employees can submit an eForm to request documentation of their previous employment with U-M. To submit a request, complete the eForm, then upload a signed authorization form with any other forms needing completion to the signed authorization.

This option is designed to provide three types of verification:

Do you have an employment verification request that fits the description above? If so, please select the appropriate option in the eForm and upload your form(s). We will complete and distribute your employment verification as requested.

Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)

Use the information from our PSLF page to submit your request. PSLF certifications can be submitted through the PSLF Help Tool or the PSLF eForm. You only need to select one method to submit your request.

  • If you utilize the PSLF Help Tool to submit for an electronic signature, you do not have to notify the Shared Services Center of your submission.
  • You do not need to submit a signed authorization form if you submit a PSLF request; your signed copy of page 1 of the PSLF certification/application will act as the authorization form.

U-M Service as a Credit to Retire from the State of Michigan (or a state other than Michigan)

All verification of U-M service as a credit to retire from the State of Michigan (or another state) are processed by the Payroll Office. Click here for instructions on how to submit your request.