Your unit may provide goods or services to another unit here at U-M; this can be classified as either Recharge or Rebill. These transactions should be billed using our Service Unit Billing (SUB) process.
Step 1: Service Unit Billing Training Course
Prior to gaining access to process Service Unit Billings, you must complete the following course and pass the accompanying quiz. This online course is designed to provide the detailed information you will need to understand the Service Unit Billing process.
- Visit: classroom.google.com
- Hit the ‘+’ sign in the top right and enter the class code: mwwhqbv
- Visit the ‘Classwork’ tab
- Select ‘Service Unit Billing Online Course Materials’
- Watch the Video
- Complete the quiz with a score of 70% or greater
Upon completing the course, we will request access approval for you to upload Service Unit Billing files to the M-Pathways system. Note that you will not have access until your Unit Liaison approves the access request.
Step 2: Determine whether you are processing a Recharge or Rebill.
The information at this link will help you determine which type of billing your process will be- The Three R’s- Recharge, Rebill and Reimbursement
If you are still unsure after reviewing this information, or have any additional questions, please contact the Office of Financial Analysis – email@example.com
Recharge – Request a Supplier ID and Recharge Rate from the Office of Financial Analysis.
Rebill – Complete and submit the Rebill Supplier Request form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the Rebill Supplier Request form.
Step 3: Processing the SUB file
Once you have received access to process SUB files, your supplier ID, Project Grant and Shortcode you are ready to start billing. The SUB load file can be found here.
- Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for the Service Unit Billing charges to be reflected in your statement of activity. If you have any questions please contact Accounting Customer Service at 5-2000 press 3, press 4 or email@example.com.