How can we help you?

Travel & Expense

Contact Finance Customer Care
  • 734-615-2000 press 3, press 1
  • M-F, 8:00AM-5:00PM


Want to know more about booking travel at U-M? Check out the Travel and Expense Reporting guidelines and policies located on Procurement’s website.

Travel & Expense services include creating reimbursement reports and reconciling PCard expenses in Concur for University faculty and staff.

Initiate service requests for the following expense types:

Below, you will find information here about the Non-Employee reimbursement process, and how to obtain a Travel Cash Advance.

Need help with identifying the information needed on receipts?  Visit the SSC Receipt Resource Page for examples that provide guidelines of SSC receipt standards.

Opt-in only Reimbursements & PCard Expenses

Prepare reports in Concur or reconcile PCards (to reimburse U-M employees for work-related expenses.)

for Non-Employees

Process reimbursements for students or guests for expenses related to U-M business.

Complete the Travel Business Hosting Expense Report (TBHER) form.

The SSC offers an opt-in service for student/guest reimbursements which provides you with support, expense report creation, e-signature requests and voucher creation.

If your unit is not currently enrolled in the Student Guest Reimbursement Service, but you could benefit from this support, contact your unit’s SMQ representative at

Travel Cash Advances

Obtain a Travel Cash Advance or Lump Sum Advance for faculty or staff.

Have Feedback for the Travel & Expense Team?

Let us know how we did