How can we help you?

Bill Another U-M Unit

Contact Accounting Customer Service
  • 734-615-2000 press 3, press 4
  • M-F, 8:00AM-5:00PM

Your unit may provide goods or services to another unit here at U-M; this can be classified as either Recharge or Rebill. These transactions should be billed using our Service Unit Billing (SUB) process.

Step 1:  Service Unit Billing Training Course

Departments are responsible for submitting the OARS access request for the PR SUB LOAD USER role. Prior to gaining access to process Service Unit Billings, you must complete the following course and pass the accompanying quiz. This online course is designed to provide the detailed information you will need to understand the Service Unit Billing process.

  • The Service Unit Billing Training can be found in MyLinc. This course is intended for new users to be eligible to bill another U-M unit for goods or services. This course ends with a graded quiz. You must pass the quiz with eight out of ten correct answers in order to be granted access in M-Pathways to process SUB transactions.

*Note that you will not have access until your Unit Liaison approves the access request.

Step 2: Determine whether you are processing a Recharge or Rebill.

The information at this link will help you determine which type of billing your process will be- The Three R’s- Recharge, Rebill and Reimbursement

If you are still unsure after reviewing this information, or have any additional questions, please contact the Office of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) –

RechargeRequest a Supplier ID and Recharge Rate from the Office of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).

For more information on Recharge Rates, visit the Office of Financial Planning & Analysis – Recharge page or email

Rebill – Complete and submit the Rebill Supplier Request form to

Click here to download the Rebill Supplier Request form.

Step 3: Processing the SUB file

Once you have received access to process SUB files, your supplier ID, Project Grant and Shortcode you are ready to start billing. The SUB load file can be found here.

  • Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for the Service Unit Billing charges to be reflected in your statement of activity.
  • It is the unit’s responsibility to ensure they are maintaining documentation to support billing charges upon request

If you have any questions please contact Accounting Customer Service at 5-2000 press 3, press 4 or