How can we helpĀ you?

Pay Without Invoice

Contact Finance Customer Care
  • 734-615-2000 press 3, press 1
  • M-F, 8:00AM-5:00PM

If you need to request a payment for something other than a good or service you are not required to have an invoice or a purchase order. Examples of this are memberships, conference registrations, licenses, dues, or payments to government agencies.


  • We process requests in the order they were received
  • Urgent Request? Call 734-615-2000 press 3, press 1

Include the following:

  • Supplier’s Name & Address
  • Documentation/Proof that the University of Michigan is being asked to make a payment
  • Description of what is being paid for
  • Total current amount due (this should not include previous or forwarded balances)
  • Valid ShortCode
  • Account number

Submit request to:
Email us (preferred method)

Requests that contain Protected Health Information must be sent via fax or mail:

U.S. Mail
U-M SSC Accounts Payable
3003 S. State Street
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1282

Fax: 734-764-8214


Incorrect voucher information can affect payment handling!

Email us to update, correct, or close a voucher


  • Payment handling changes
  • Invoice number corrections
  • Shortcode changes (Non-PO only)
  • Payment term change requests (requests over $10,000 require written procurement approval)
  • Close voucher