How can we help you?

PeoplePay Processing

Contact PeoplePay Processing Team
  • 734-615-2000
  • M-F, 8:00AM-5:00PM

This service provides you with end-to-end support in the PeoplePay process. If your unit is not currently enrolled in the SSC PeoplePay Service, and you (or your unit) would like to hear more about the service, the SSC Customer Relationship Management Team ( would be happy to speak with you.

PeoplePay is a process used to pay individuals for services, awards, royalty, and moving and relocation.  Utilizing the opt-in PeoplePay Processing service offers these benefits:

  • More visibility on where your request is via the Client Portal
  • Approvers can sign using a laptop or mobile device
  • Decrease in turnaround time
  • Single point of contact for all PeoplePay related questions

Submitting requests to the PeoplePay Service team


(If your unit has not opted-in to this service, please use the PeoplePay Decision Tool to initiate your payment.)

When you need to pay an individual for a service, award, royalty, or moving & relocation, you can submit the request using the PeoplePay eForms. The eForms are designed to walk you through step-by-step to ensure we gather the correct information to process your request. Each eForm will also instruct you when you need upload or attach documentation we need to process the payment.

Once you submit your request using an eForm we will communicate with you through email and the Client Portal as needed.

Paying multiple people for the same event

Our mass request spreadsheets may be used when you have five or more individuals that are being paid for the same event.

Use this spreadsheet for independent contractor payments. This is for people who are not affiliated with the university, both US Citizens/Permanent Residents/Resident Aliens and Non-Resident Aliens. Please submit either email addresses or Supplier IDs for these payments. If there are any Non-Resident Aliens, we will need an Alien Certificate.

Use this spreadsheet for U-M students. Provide us the student’s uniqname or UMID and we are able to look up their default address in Wolverine Access. If a student wants the payment sent to an address other than their default address, please provide us their updated address. Otherwise you can leave those fields blank.

This spreadsheet is for Prizes, Gifts, and Awards. This spreadsheet can be used for both U-M affiliated and non-U-M affiliated individuals to either record gifts/payments already made or to request Awards payments.

This spreadsheet is for Royalty payments for both U-M affiliated and non-U-M affiliated individuals.

Additional Resources

How to Approve a Peoplepay Payment in TeamDynamix

PeoplePay Resource Guide

Have Feedback for the PeoplePay Processing Team?

Let us know how we did