We serve administrators, faculty, and staff by providing information relative to employment processing (postings, offers, and onboarding, etc); background checks; new employee orientation; verification of employment; reinstatement and credit for prior service.
on the appropriate links below (uniqname, password and Duo two-factor authentication may be required):
- Faculty/Academic Hires
- Student Temporary Appointments
- Non-student Temporary Appointments
- Regular Hires
- Graduate Students
Questions? Email us or call 734-615-2000 press 1, press 5
Email us for assistance with hiring activities including: job postings, job offers, status updates, employee validation, and employment finalization.
Per University of Michigan Standard Practice Guide policies, all employees must consent to a criminal background check in order to accept employment. An electronic background check will be requested from an affiliated vendor.
For information pertaining to the the Children on Campus background checks, view the Children on Campus webpage.
Former employees and company representatives can now submit requests via eForms.
Verification of Employment (VOE) is a process used to review and verify employment history. This information is often used by banks, mortgage lenders, and government agencies. The SSC offers VOE services for past and present employees, including those from the Ann Arbor, Flint, and Dearborn campuses, the health system, retirees, and temporary employees.
Types of Employment Verifications Provided:
- Home mortgages
- Housing/rental applications
- Basic background employment checks
- Friend of the court
- Department of Human Services
- Treasury Department
- Social Security Administration
- Federal Investigations Processing Center (FIPC)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Paperwork (PSLF)
The SSC is unable to provide these types of Employment Verifications:
- Academic appointments, specific information on appointments
- U-M student verifications
- Evaluation questions
- Credentialing/privileging requests for medical staff
- Visa letters/travel letters
- Verification of future employment not available in Wolverine Access
- Continuation of employment or future earnings
- Specific job descriptions or duties
- Ability to work remotely / work from home
- Eligibility for Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
How to Submit an Employment Verification Request:
Please call the Shared Services Center at 734/615-2000 or email us if you have questions. Unfortunately, we cannot accept emailed VOE requests and all requests must be submitted using the instructions above.