How can we help you?

Verification of Employment

Contact VOE Team
  • 734-615-2000 press 1, press 4
  • M-F, 8:00AM-5:00PM

Verification of Employment (VOE) is a process used to review and verify employment history. This information is often used by banks, mortgage lenders, and government agencies. The SSC offers VOE services for past and present employees, including those from the Ann Arbor, Flint, and Dearborn campuses, the health system, retirees, and temporary employees. 

Types of Employment Verifications Provided:

  • Home mortgages
  • Housing/rental applications
  • Basic background employment checks
  • Friend of the court
  • Department of Human Services
  • Treasury Department
  • Social Security Administration
  • Federal Investigations Processing Center (FIPC)
  • Public Service Loan Forgiveness Paperwork (PSLF)

Please note that the SSC is unable to provide the following verifications:

  • Emailed verification of employment requests
  • Specific information on academic appointments
  • U-M student employment/graduation not available in Wolverine Access (e.g. fellowships, internships, verification of education)
  • Evaluation questions
  • Credentialing/privileging requests for medical staff
  • Visa letters/travel letters
  • Verification of future employment not available in Wolverine Access
  • Verification of future employment changes not available in Wolverine Access (e.g. retirement date, pay rate changes, hire/termination date, etc)
  • Continuation of employment or future earnings
  • Specific job descriptions or duties not outlined by University Human Resources
  • Ability to work remotely / work from home
  • Reason for leaving or rehire status
  • Information for university relationships that are: Affiliated, Sponsored Non-Employee Taxable Services, or PeoplePay
  • U-M Service As Credit To Retire From the State of Michigan (Or Other States)

How to Submit an Employment Verification Request:

Click the link below that applies to you, the person submitting the employment verification request:

Please call the Shared Services Center at (734) 615-2000 option 1, prompt 4 or email us if you have questions. Unfortunately, we cannot accept emailed VOE requests and all requests must be submitted using the instructions above.