All new employees (including re-hired employees) must complete an I-9 Form (PDF) to verify identity and employment eligibility.
To minimize common touchpoints and shorten the length of the appointment, we recommend the following:
- Print a copy of the I-9 Form and complete Section #1 prior to arriving at the appointment.
- Bring unexpired original supporting documentation (copies or expired documents will NOT be accepted).
- On-site printing ability will either be limited or unavailable, so please make sure to print any supporting documentation needed to complete your I-9 prior to your appointment.
- Bring your own pen for signing and, if necessary, completing a new I-9 form.
In order to avoid congestion and ensure proper physical distancing, I-9s will be completed by appointment only (walk-ins will not be accepted). Please note that friends, family members, and other unscheduled visitors will not be permitted entrance to any of our buildings. If an interpreter will be accompanying you to your scheduled appointment please announce this at the check-in desk before entering.
Visit the link below and choose a 15-minute appointment window at a location of your choosing. If a time window is not appearing it is due to the fact that all slots for that time period are currently filled. It is imperative that you arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. Early arrival may result in additional wait time, and late arrival will result in having to reschedule an I-9 appointment at a later date.
Appointments can be scheduled Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at one of the following locations:
Shared Services Center (South Campus)
located near South State Street and I-94, and offers free parking
1000 Victor’s Way
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108
Student Activities Building (Central Campus)
Room 512 (Basement Level)
515 Jefferson Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
There are multiple appointments available at SAB for I-9 processing. Please check both calendars for availability:
Pierpont Commons (North Campus)
Office located on the second Mezzanine Level, above Blue Market
2101 Bonisteel Blvd.
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
The information below is applicable to: Hiring Managers, Human Resources Representatives, Personnel Recipients, etc.
Checklist before employee visits an I-9 Center
To help ensure your new employee is prepared for the I-9 process, please use the checklist below before sending them to an I-9 Center. Not completing these steps may result in the inability to complete the I-9 process.
Checklist for eRecruit Hires: (Regular Staff, Faculty, Instructional, Supplemental, Primary Staff, Graduate Students, Non-Student Temporary)
- Did you Add a Contact Note (PDF) in eRecruit with the employee’s first day of employment?
Checklist for Student Temporary Hires:
- Did the department complete the Student Temporary Employment Process?
To ensure that the I-9 service is completed on time, it is recommended you request remote I-9 service immediately following the employee accepting the offer. Remote I-9 processing can take up to two weeks or longer, depending upon the employee’s location and the ability to locate an agent willing to complete an I-9 on behalf of U-M.
- Hiring Departments must submit the request on behalf of the employee. Employees should not submit a request themselves and these cannot be processed.
- Federal law requires that an in-person meeting occur in order to complete an I-9. This meeting is required for all I-9’s including those for remote employees. The remote I-9 process does NOT remove the federal requirement of meeting in-person to complete the I-9.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are potential delays in completing the remote I-9 process and locating an agent to assist in the process.
- The Remote I-9 process is only available in situations where an employee is not near a University of Michigan campus or facility. The employee must be working outside of driving distance (generally one hour) from one of the University of Michigan campuses.
If you are planning a special departmental orientation for new hires, and would like to include the opportunity for them to complete the I-9 process at the event, we can help! SSC staff will attend your event and complete the I-9 process on site. Request I-9 Special Event Service (eForm)
Special Event Services must include at least 15 attendees and be held during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.). To help ensure all new employees are eligible to complete their I-9 forms, please refer to this readiness checklist:
- Did the employee complete and pass a background check?
- Did the employee accept a final job offer?
- Is the employee aware of required documentation to bring with them?
- Does the event date fall between the job offer acceptance date and the employee’s first day at work?